Now accepting applications. The Students of Integrity Scholarship offered by BBB Foundation, is designed to support students who recognize the importance of ethical and responsible marketplace practices.
BBB 2014 Students of Integrity Scholarship
Now accepting applications: BBB Foundation offers the 2014 Students of Integrity Scholarship to recognize high school seniors who personify high ethics, as demonstrated through leadership, community service, overall personal integrity and academic accomplishments.
SCHOLARSHIP: A $1,500 scholarship and one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student in each state: Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington.
ELIGIBILITY: To qualify, students must:
- Attend an accredited high school in Alaska, Oregon or Western Washington;
- Graduate in 2014 with plans to attend an accredited higher education institution;
- And, meet the academic requirements, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
CRITERIA: BBB Foundation’s selection committee will evaluate applications with the following criteria: Academic: 30%, Essay 30%, Leadership 20%, Community Service 20%.
PROCEDURE CHECKLIST: Please submit the following documents all together for consideration:
- Official application form—including all required fields and signatures.
- Scholarship essay—printed and double-spaced with name and high school in the header of each page.
- Official transcript—sealed and stamped by an accredited high school.
- An original letter of recommendation completed by a faculty or staff member, counselor, employer or community leader. The letter must be enclosed in a sealed envelope along with the recommendation form.
ESSAY: Please respond to one of the essay topics below; discuss viewpoints and give examples where applicable:
- As a young consumer, how do you view Better Business Bureau’s role in the marketplace? What can BBB do to position itself as a resource for young consumers?
- Discuss the way(s) social media influences ethics in the marketplace. How are businesses and consumers impacted?
RULES: The essay should be 750 words or less—typed and double-spaced. Please include your name and high school's name in the header of every page.
SUBMIT: All components of the application MUST be submitted at one time. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the judges. All essays become property of BBB. No faxed or emailed applications, please.
Better Business Bureau Foundation Attn:
Students of Integrity Scholarship
P.O. Box 1000
DuPont, WA 98327
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2014. Incomplete applications or those postmarked after this date will not be considered.
CELEBRATE: Winners will be announced in April 2014. Winners’ names and schools may be released to the public and/or news media for promotional purposes. Non-winners will be notified via email after the winners have been contacted.
QUESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check akorww.bbb.org/scholarship for updates.
Download the 2014 Students of Integrity Scholarship Application here.